1. Why are you musicians?
Music has been our life-long passion and vehicle for creativity.
We enjoy giving inspiration to our audiences, all ages, to uplift and bring people together, to find healing and share joy in a meaningful way.
Music gives us a way to express beauty, life and our human purpose.
2. Who are your musical inspirations?
A. C. Jobim, Bill Evans, Baden Powell, João Gilberto, Chick Corea, Beatles, Stravinsky
3. What is your practice routine?
Mornings – 2-3hours, 5x week
4. Why did you make this album?
Beatles in Bossa
We both love and grew up on the music of The Beatles and Bossa Nova.
Orlando was a Beatles fan since a young boy in Brasil. Patricia was a Sergio Mendes fan while growing up in Pennsylvania.
He and Patricia wanted to translate the music of the Beatles into a creative jazz experimental album founded on various rhythms from Brasil, (choro, partido alto, samba, bossa , frevo, axé, baião), shining a little Brazilian sunshine on the Beatles’ songs.
5. What were the biggest obstacles in making this album?
Biggest obstacle: marketing, promoting and getting the recording out world-wide
6. Who is featured on this album?
- Orlando Haddad (guitar, vocals, berimbau), Patricia King (piano, keys, vocal), Andrew Neu (sax, flute), John Swana (trumpet, flugelhorn, EVI), Cyro Baptista (percussion, berimbau), Tom Cohen (drums), Jim Stager (bass)
7. Where may we find you online?