1. Why are you a musician?
I was always attracted by music. My father was a musician, and there was a piano in our apartment. I show early interest and was taught from age 4.
2. Who are your musical inspirations?
Dave Brubeck was the first jazz pianist I loved. Then came Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, etc.
3. What is your practice routine?
I practice a lot when I was young. I studied classical and developed into international competition level. In Jazz, my practice was a lot less intense and more of a self taught one.
4. Why did you make this album?
By Christian Jacob
This is a solo piano album; this project is a research on simplicity, or more exactly what simplicity means to me. With this in mind, some pieces are composed, some are improvised
5. What were the biggest obstacles in making this album? How did you overcome?
This project was actually very easy. Everything went very smoothly. I wasn’t pressed by time. I could compose when inspired and record when ready.
6. Who is featured on the album?
My own self. This is a solo piano album.
7. Where may we find you online?
Note: Kabir Sehgal helped produce the project.